As we begin to read Frankenstein, one of the many questions posed from the novel is that of science vs. religion. In the 17th century (the time that Frankenstein was written) many people were firm believers in their religions. However, the book challenges religious beliefs as a scientific creation is developed. Another question posed by the novel is that of creationism. If you created something, are you ultimately responsible for its actions or behaviors? Or, do you allow it to be at fault for any and everything that it does? As we move through life, these are questions that we are likely to ask ourselves.
-Bree Griffith
This post intrigued me in the fact that I have often questioned religion growing up, and have found myself wondering how the world was formed and what responsibilities we take in life about the things we create, or in some cases destroy. I like how you posed these questions openly and leave the reader questioning his or her own beliefs and experiences, because every one of us will always question the things that we believe in.
ReplyDelete-Jordan
Bree, I liked how "to the point" this blog was and how you let us answer the questions that you posed. Religion to me is a very intriguing entity and I question whether cloning or crossing species scientifically is right. However, despite my beliefs, this book forces the reader to address these questions, and I am glad that you pointed them out.
ReplyDeletelast comment was by Daniel Hawkins btw :)
ReplyDelete