Well, I try to make fun out of everything that I do, so I decided to do the assignment where we rewrote the opening paragraph of Invisible Man with a little twist... I hope you like it :)
I am the most interesting man in the world. No, I am not a normal person that does ordinary things; nor am I one of your egotistical jerks. I am a man of class, of manners and indulgence, good taste and a sophisticated sense of style - and I might even be said to be "the chosen one". I am interesting, understand, simply because I'm not afraid to endure adventure. Like the bodiless heads you see in the ancient ruins of the Mayans, it is as though I have been surrounded by curious and perplexed tourists. When they approach me they see only my awesomeness, my stunning looks, or the hero of their wildest dreams - indeed, everything and anything except the real, normal me.

"Stay thirsty my friends" lol. It made sense and I get how it applied to you until you said that lol! That was a good idea to rewrite the opening of invisible man to be about the most interesting man in the world, aka you. I see the comparison and I think it's a good one. Most people just take their class assignment that they half-assed and post that as their blog. I love it when someone does something creative and tries to write a fun blog for once. Good job :)
ReplyDelete-Marian J.
Daniel,
ReplyDeleteThis is a great blog not only is it humorous but very thoughtful as well. I like the picture you put along with it which gives the reader a picture of what you are talking about. How far along are you in the book? Do you see the invisible man having any traits similar to "the most interesting man in the world?" Again, i thought you did great on this blog being very creative and imaginative. Keep up the good work.
Joel B. (Dragon Fist Bandits)
Daniel, you are renound for your humour. im glad that it translates through your writing.
ReplyDeleteDaniel, your blog is very entertaining and I enjoyed reading it. I liked how you rewrote the introduction and made it unique and humorous, while at the same time maintaining a sophisticated manner. Overall, a great blog post :)
ReplyDeletehaha its good to read a blog thats very entertaining to read! Thanks for a laugh which is one thing no other blogs attempts: humor.
ReplyDeleteDominic H
Oh, it is nice to see some humor thrown in here, especially since the nature of Invisible Man is very serious, dark, and heavy. I very much enjoyed the humor and also how well wreitten this was. Although I read Native Son, I can tell that your comparison to the nature of the beginning of the novel uis similar. Great blog :] -Katie M
ReplyDeleteI love the humor and unique perspective of this rewrite. It's funny how in the beginning you say "I am not a normal person that does ordinary things" and at the end "they see...everything...except the real, normal me". It sounds like a contridiction but maybe I'm just reading it wrong haha >< Nevertheless, I enjoyed this entertaining post.
ReplyDelete-Matt A.
Thanks everybody for the nice comments hahaha :D to the last comment from Matt, ya I saw that after I posted it, and I saw how it could be perceived as a contradiction, but I meant to say that although he is "not a normal person that does ordinary things", he feels normal and wished that people just treated him normally. I hope that clarifies things hahaha.
ReplyDeleteOh Don Quixote! I couldn't help but laugh as I was reading this. Very humorous and entertaining! It was a complete transition from the novel's dark and somewhat sad opening paragraph and turned it into exciting. Well done.
ReplyDelete-Kaylynn B
Hahahaha....wow that is too funny. Seriously though, you should try telling the truth from time to time. Just kidding. Most other peoples poems (not mine) were boring and uneventful, but yours is completly awesome. Thanks for writing.
ReplyDelete-Christiana R.
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeleteOk now that I got that out of my system...
ReplyDeleteThis poem describes your life perfectly. You and me both know about your crazy adventures as this very... VERY interesting man. This poem reminded me of the time you decided to write a full set of encyclopedias when you were bored on your African wildlife safari. Good times.
-McGrouber. oh wait I mean Ryan.
you actually did post this as a blog? haha nice.
ReplyDeletei liked how you did your work in a way that achieved all the requirements given by Mrs. Elliott but also in a way that could be didactic not only to you but also to your fellow students. Great job Danielito
Heidy G
AHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry if my capitalized expression of laughter intimidated you. I just read my version of Invisible Man intro, and I like how both of ours describe us so well! My team blog is JANY__, so check it out if you want. And yes, you're an awesome person!
Chloe K.
That was hilarious! Good job Daniel you have elevated our team blog!
ReplyDeleteYou know, it's kinda stunning reading this when I'm watching a tongue-tied version of you everyday in Spanish.
ReplyDelete--A. Chang
hahaha I loved this blog post!
ReplyDeleteI feel like the voice behind this post was identical to the voice in the commericals! I really enjoyed your perspective of the issue on the matter and your humor just made it even better :)
Alireza Behbahani
Team South beach
WOW man this post is something that I would never even imagine possible. Most interesting indeed. It exposes the real person underneath all the interesting and awesome on the outside. Great job!
ReplyDeleteByron C.
Nice post! This was a very descriptive rewrite! I can picture the Mayan head...
ReplyDelete-Erica W.