Thursday, March 3, 2011

50 days left

"The future lies before you
Like a field of driven snow,
Be careful how you tread it,
For every step will show."- Author unknown

We are down to 50. 50 days left until graduation. As the time to say goodbye to our high school experience approaches, we can’t help but feel anxious, nostalgic and excited. The time to leave behind our miniature high school world and take over superior things outside of Rancho Cucamonga is among us. Sure, we will miss our closest friends, all the school dances, and how easy it was to get along with our teachers, but we will also leave some open space for the brand new experiences college will bring us. We will always remember our first day of freshmen year, and the last day of our last year as seniors. We have seen each other grow up to become more mature, pleasant human beings instead of small and kind of annoying freshmen that we were four years ago. I believe we should enjoy the rest of the days we have left and make the most of them because we will not live them again for the rest of our lives.   


-Heidy Garcia



9 comments:

  1. I really love this post not only because your writing connected with pretty much everything us seniors are going through but the introduction with the quote was really impactful because of the visual image it prevails and then you closed very well with a cheerful picture of what we all hope our future to be. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot fathom how fast senior year has gone by. 50 days, and then we say goodbye to Osos. It's a bittersweet feeling I get when thinking of it, but nevertheless i'm excited for what the future holds for us!

    _Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, less than two months away we graduate and say goodbye to Los Osos. I am very excited, nervous, anxious, and happy that the year for the 2011 seniors has arrived, but it was a little too fast. The best thing to do is to try to enjoy every second left of it because like you said, we will never have it back. Good luck with everything!

    Cynthia Navarro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! That's all I can say! This simple, yet realistic blog has definitely sparked some excitement in me that no other blog has provoked! Hmm, maybe because it pertains to me, and how bitter sweet, we're almost out of here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post because you open it with the perfect poem written by an unknown poet and then close with a picture of something we can all relate to, the campus at Los Osos. The poem has a tone of forboding encouragement and the imagery of the snowy field is really significant in that it makes one think of an open space, ready to be explored.
    - Shelby H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's almost insane how quickly time flies. It seems almost yesterday that we were all stepping onto this campus for the very first time. It was terrifying, intimidating, and fun all at the same time. However, with less than 15 days left to go, I look back at the times we've had and seen how much that we've all matured since that first day. Hopefully everyone will go through amazing experiences throughout college and enjoy life to the fullest.
    Byron C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From 50 days.. to just 8 days now, time seems to fly by more and more quickly. Graduation is just around the corner and the feeling everyone can relate to is the feeling of our last days at Osos being bittersweet.
    -kelli horvath

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this post. I like the way you reminded everyone of how even though we are leaving, we should still look forward to the future and what it holds. It really is crazy how four years has completely gone by in a blink of an eye!
    -Allaura Levi

    ReplyDelete
  9. High school came slow but is ending so quickly. I remember freshman year saying these 4 years are going to take forever. Oh how i was wrong. Graduating soon is barely hitting me and even though i can't wait to get out, i'm going to miss the easy task of being dependent on parents and not living everything based on what I get from work. Goodbye Osos.

    ReplyDelete